Bright Lights is a discipleship ministry encouraging young ladies to Be Radiant in Godliness, Holiness, and Testimony.
The goal of Bright Lights is to encourage and equip older girls and mothers to disciple younger girls. This is the pattern we see in Scripture: older women teaching younger ones (Tit. 2:3-5).
Jesus told us to go and make disciples, teaching them everything that He has taught us (Matt. 28:19-20). Paul told Timothy: “And the things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also” (2 Tim. 2:2). In Bright Lights, our desire is to disciple girls who will disciple girls who will disciple more girls and so on.
Young ladies everywhere are struggling. On a daily basis they are bombarded with temptations and lies of the enemy and must stand against the powerful cultural influences all around them. They need to know God’s Word and the Biblical answers to their daily struggles. They need Scriptural teaching in practical areas such as relationships with parents and siblings, honesty, purity, friendships, contentment, witnessing, and defending the faith. They need godly role-models and accountability. They need vision for what the Lord can do through their life—especially their teenage years. This is the heart cry of Bright Lights.
Through conferences, books and resources, and Bright Lights groups that meet around the country, our goal is to encourage girls to seek the Lord with all their heart and to use the years of their youth for Him.
“Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity” (1 Tim. 4:12).
Bright Lights Distinctives:
- We target pre-teen girls, an important age group that is often overlooked.
- We seek to be discipleship oriented, and to focus on helping the strong be stronger.
- We emphasize Biblical teaching—when Bright Lights groups meet, much of the time is spent in learning and study, as opposed to simply games or fun.
- We try to follow the 2 Timothy 2:2 pattern, training future generations—from the start, we encourage girls to be learning to disciple others.
- We strive for godly fellowship and accountability–since the groups are discipleship focused, they tend to attract serious-minded girls who are seeking the Lord. This provides the groups with positive peer pressure and accountability. We believe this is a very powerful influence in girls’ lives.